Interesting

Interesting
...shockingly so

Smart

Smart
from Flickr.com

Laugh out loud funny

Laugh out loud funny
by Visualmsg from Flickr.com

Sunday, October 31, 2010

God’s creation

I recently started investing in beautifying my home with plants. I bought some small ones that flower for the entire year, others that flower for a season and some that provide a bit of a greenery.

It started out as a simple exercise but I discovered something that I never gave much thought to. I always thought that looking after plants was for older people like my mother and grandparents. Now I see the benefits of, not only, beauty but an air of peace and anticipation that comes with it.

I realised that I actually feared looking after plants in case they died. Now watching them grow it actually brings a feeling of accomplishment.
I’m quite impressed with the fact that they have survived this long. I even look forward to watching them grow measuring their growth as if they were children.

A plant is seemingly such a simple thing but the elders bought into the benefits of growing them big time.

I think these benefits that are a bit lost on my generation.

No comments:

Post a Comment