Interesting

Interesting
...shockingly so

Smart

Smart
from Flickr.com

Laugh out loud funny

Laugh out loud funny
by Visualmsg from Flickr.com

Monday, July 12, 2010

Fan mile salmon

Today was the last World Cup match day in Cape Town and I decided to do my last historical fan mile walk which turned out to be very colourful to say the least.

Thousands of people in bright orange made their way to the stadium, if not to walk the fan mile. Navigation was a tiring experience as I manoeuvred my way (down stream in my case) towards the station. I have a new found respect for these fish that swims upstream against all odds.

In passing the masses, the feeling of camaraderie, smiles, singing and jovial mood was something to remember for a very long time.

With the World Cup practically over I wish that the feeling of safety and South Africa "having it all together" remains.

1 comment:

  1. That is so true...South africa has never been as safe as it was during the world cup.

    ReplyDelete