Interesting

Interesting
...shockingly so

Smart

Smart
from Flickr.com

Laugh out loud funny

Laugh out loud funny
by Visualmsg from Flickr.com

Monday, April 5, 2010

...and the award for worst experience goes to

...building, renovating, drawing up plans and first and foremost City Council.

Anyone who has ever done structural work to their property will know that it is one of the worst experiences ever. Where stress is concerned, its point system is off the charts placing it into a league of it's own.

Building, I believe, even has its own emotional phases.

1 Honeymoon - dreaming of how this will look after the renovations
2 Denial - I can deal with the packing and the dust and the company arriving late for work on my property
3 Anger - at the "but it's going to cost you more because"
4 Threats - If you don't get off my property I'm calling my...!
5 Bargaining - Yes, what else do you need so that the job can be completed by today?
6 Hopeful - I'm not expecting anyone today, even though I have a 7m hole for a garden!

If you need to build some character, test your limitations and your patience give by building a try.

No comments:

Post a Comment