Interesting

Interesting
...shockingly so

Smart

Smart
from Flickr.com

Laugh out loud funny

Laugh out loud funny
by Visualmsg from Flickr.com

Monday, August 2, 2010

Technology or death?

Over a five day period, I was the victim of a "computerless" desk. The first day felt like a holiday, I must admit, but by day two "task completion" worry set in. Added to this was the stress of a new floor plan activation and voila, double stress and disorientation became the order of my days.

Now, as I'm sitting with a backlog of work including my studies, I wonder if the future of technology is not to cripple mankind. As I called up people, in a futile attempt to feel as though I was completing tasks, I was constantly requested to "send me an e-mail". I was then left to be professional as it doesn't help to call up someone regarding a proposal and only send them a document 3-4 days later.

In my short experience without a PC, the telephone has become a desk ornament and e-mail technology has become an all encompassing wave, whether we like it or not. So for the person sitting without a computer connection, my sympathies lie with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment